Heating pipe bursts in Mimosa Hall

A radiator pipe burst Friday morning in a Mimosa Hall resident’s room, relocating the suite’s four residents temporarily.

Assistant Director of University Housing Jim Waddington said that the pipe’s failure affected three separate resident rooms – housing six students – at approximately 10 a.m. Facilities Department heating, ventilation and air conditioning mechanics responded “very quickly” and were able to shut off the valve controlling the then-flowing water, Waddington said.

“Residential Learning and University Housing (RLUH) housekeeping staff were on the scene just a couple minutes later to begin extracting the standing water from the bedroom floors,” Waddington said. “Once the water flow was stopped, the mechanics repaired the damaged pipe and the housekeeping staff extracted the water.”

RLUH staff then relocated the four most affected residents and their belongings to a temporary housing assignment while the Hall’s flooring was cleaned, Waddington said.

Waddington said he doesn’t expect there to be any long-term damage to the rooms or hall.

For comments/questions about this story, email news@thewhitonline.com or tweet @thewhitnews.

1,617 total views, 2 views today

, , , , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Leave your opinion here. Please be nice. Your Email address will be kept private.